Iran tried to cover up the damage caused by the alleged Israeli airstrike near Isfahan last week, satellite imagery shared with the Economist and the Institute for Science and International Security showed on Wednesday.
Tikantepe baby left without birth certificate over the name “Elkhan”
Iran Army Signals Shift Toward Offensive Doctrine, Including Preemptive Strikes
IRGC Chief Calls for Rapid Expansion of Iran’s Military Capabilities
Kurdish Police Chief Appointed to West Azerbaijan Province
US Blockade Drives Down Chinese Demand for Iranian Oil — Reuters
Iranian MPs Warn Pezeshkian Over Hijab Rules
Two IRGC Members Reportedly Killed in Yemen — Al Arabiya
We Cannot Export Oil, Says Hemmati
Russia-Iran Nuclear Cooperation Could Help Tehran Build Its Own Power Plants
Iran Warns Next War Could Involve More Advanced Weapons
Iran’s Weapons Production Declines as Russia Provides Assistance
National Activist Milad Balsini Arrested
Azerbaijan Takes CNN to Court Over Report on Alleged Israeli Operations
Tehran Prosecutor’s Office Bans Journalist from Media Activities
The Water Level of Lake Urmia Has Begun to Decline Again
Zanjan Teacher Sentenced to Five Years in Prison
AlArabiya: More Than 200 Houthis Reportedly Killed in Yemen Fighting and Drone Strikes
WSJ: Iran Used 60-Day Agreement to Prepare for a Broader War
Ukraine expressed its gratitude to the South Azerbaijani activist
IRGC Commander: Iran War Was a Step Toward Establishing Global Islamic Rule
“School in the Turkish language should be for everyone” chant heard at Tabriz’s Sahand Stadium, censored on TV broadcast
South Azerbaijani Activist Appeals to Ukrainian President
Iranian “Majid” Air Defense Systems Displayed in Armenia
Clashes Reported Between People from Tabriz and Yazd in Mashhad
Another Prisoner Dies in Iran
IRGC Quds Force chief urges Iraqi factions to retain weapons – Al Hadath
Nearly 500 People Have Obtained “Alihan” Birth Certificates Through Court Cases, but the Name Is Still Banned
Iranian Lawmaker Says Strait of Hormuz Is More Valuable Than Nuclear Bomb
India Suspends Pharmaceutical Exports to Iran
Three More Sunni Activists Arrested in Iran
Iran Shifts Toward Offensive Military Doctrine, IRGC Adviser Says
Three Cafes Closed in Ardabil, 16 People Arrested
Two Prisoners Executed in Tabriz Prison
New wave of pressure on public catering establishments in Iran: At least three cafes sealed
Retirees in Ardabil Hold Protest Rally
The Jerusalem Post: Iran's latest execution wave is a warning the world can't ignore - opinion
Pressure on Detained National Activists in Tabriz — Transferred to Ward 15
Khamenei Died in March, Lisak Claims
Iran’s Supreme Court Upholds Death Sentence Against Another Protester
Iran’s Kharg oil terminal halted as US blockade disrupts exports – FT
Iranian police killed ethnic Baluch man
UN experts warn of increased repression of ethnic groups in Iran
Iranian lawmaker calls Turkey and Pakistan “US servants”
Iran tried to cover up the damage caused by the alleged Israeli airstrike near Isfahan last week, satellite imagery shared with the Economist and the Institute for Science and International Security showed on Wednesday.
This was reported by "The Jerusalem Post".
The alleged Israeli strike targeted an S-300 air defense battery near Isfahan in central Iran in response to a drone and missile attack launched by Iran against Israel earlier this month.
While at first, Iran claimed no damage had been caused in the alleged Israeli strike, satellite imagery shared by Planet Labs and the Institute for Science and International Security later revealed that the 30N6E2 Tombstone radar used by the S-300 air defense battery had been destroyed in the attack.
On Tuesday, the Institute for Science and International Security shared two high-resolution Airbus satellite images from April 19 and 20, showing the targeted location in the Eighth Shekari Air Base, where four missile launchers and a mobile radar were deployed.
According to the Institute for Science and International Security, the imagery appears to show that the vehicle the radar was on was hit and likely caught fire. Marks near the vehicle appear to be from extinguishing fluids used to fight the fire.
After the attack, a covering of some sort was placed on top of the mobile radar. On April 20, a new vehicle was placed where the radar used to be, possibly a replacement radar, although it doesn't seem to be the same type as the one that was damaged.
Chris Biggers, an imagery analyst who used to work for the US's National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, told the Economist that the Tombstone radar had been replaced with a 96l6e “Cheese board” radar, which is not interchangeable with the Tombstone radar, meaning the battery cannot operate with it.
“It’s a case of denial and deception to suggest the site is still operational," said Biggers to the Economist. The targeted site is a key part of air defenses for nuclear sites in both Isfahan and Natanz, according to the Institute for Science and International Security.
GunazTV
Iran Army Signals Shift Toward Offensive Doctrine, Including Preemptive Strikes
Kurdish Police Chief Appointed to West Azerbaijan Province
Iranian MPs Warn Pezeshkian Over Hijab Rules
Russia-Iran Nuclear Cooperation Could Help Tehran Build Its Own Power Plants
Iran Warns Next War Could Involve More Advanced Weapons
Iran’s Weapons Production Declines as Russia Provides Assistance
Azerbaijan Takes CNN to Court Over Report on Alleged Israeli Operations
Zanjan Teacher Sentenced to Five Years in Prison
WSJ: Iran Used 60-Day Agreement to Prepare for a Broader War
IRGC Commander: Iran War Was a Step Toward Establishing Global Islamic Rule
“School in the Turkish language should be for everyone” chant heard at Tabriz’s Sahand Stadium, censored on TV broadcast
Another Prisoner Dies in Iran
Iranian Lawmaker Says Strait of Hormuz Is More Valuable Than Nuclear Bomb
Three More Sunni Activists Arrested in Iran
Iran Shifts Toward Offensive Military Doctrine, IRGC Adviser Says
Two Prisoners Executed in Tabriz Prison
New wave of pressure on public catering establishments in Iran: At least three cafes sealed
The Jerusalem Post: Iran's latest execution wave is a warning the world can't ignore - opinion
Iran’s Supreme Court Upholds Death Sentence Against Another Protester
Iranian police killed ethnic Baluch man
AlArabiya: More Than 200 Houthis Reportedly Killed in Yemen Fighting and Drone Strikes
Azerbaijan Takes CNN to Court Over Report on Alleged Israeli Operations
Two IRGC Members Reportedly Killed in Yemen — Al Arabiya
US Blockade Drives Down Chinese Demand for Iranian Oil — Reuters
WSJ: Iran Used 60-Day Agreement to Prepare for a Broader War
Tehran Prosecutor’s Office Bans Journalist from Media Activities
We Cannot Export Oil, Says Hemmati
Iranian MPs Warn Pezeshkian Over Hijab Rules
Zanjan Teacher Sentenced to Five Years in Prison
The Water Level of Lake Urmia Has Begun to Decline Again
Iran Warns Next War Could Involve More Advanced Weapons
National Activist Milad Balsini Arrested
Iran’s Weapons Production Declines as Russia Provides Assistance
Russia-Iran Nuclear Cooperation Could Help Tehran Build Its Own Power Plants
Kurdish Police Chief Appointed to West Azerbaijan Province
Iran Army Signals Shift Toward Offensive Doctrine, Including Preemptive Strikes
IRGC Chief Calls for Rapid Expansion of Iran’s Military Capabilities
Tikantepe baby left without birth certificate over the name “Elkhan”